A list of 173 thoughtful questions to get conversations going…
1. If you could have anyone do the voice-over for your reflections on life, who would it be? (a la the TV show The Wonder Years)
2. What is one of the most adventurous things you’ve ever done?
3. What’s the furthest place you’ve ever been from your current home?
4. For you, what was the worst thing about being a freshman?
5. What was the worst thing about being in middle school for you?
6. Describe your senior year of high school in just a few sentences…
7. What is something you like about yourself?
8. What do you plan to do when you graduate?
9. What is one of the best books you’ve ever read?
10. What is the most recent book you read?
11. What is one gadget you’d like to own?
12. What’s your favorite Bible verse?
13. What’s your favorite story from the Bible?
14. Which Biblical character do you most relate to or identify with?
15. Who is your best friend?
16. Who was your best friend as a kid?
17. Who was your best friend in middle school?
18. Who was your best friend in high school?
19. Who was your best friend in college?
20. What is your earliest memory?
21. Do you dream in color? How about in sound? How do you know?
22. How has God used pain or trouble to help you grow?
23. What is one thing you wish you had more time for in your life?
24. How would you define the word “Christian?”
25. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
26. With whom do you need to restore a broken relationship?
27. What’s your favorite characteristic of God?
28. What is one thing you’d like your parents to say to you now?
29. What is one thing you wish your parents had said to you growing up?
30. What would you like for your life to be like five years from now?
31. What do you think your life to be like five years from now?
32. Name one of your most favorite possessions.
33. Did you have a childhood nickname? If so, what’s the story behind it?
34. What is one question God might ask you?
35. What is something you are looking forward to doing within the next six months?
36. When do you get discouraged?
37. What is your favorite part about being in the family of God?
38. When do you feel the most vulnerable?
39. If you could possess any extraordinary talent in one of the arts, what would you choose?
40. Where in your daily routine could you become more aware of God’s presence?
41. A year from now, how would you like to be more Christ-like?
42. What small thing could you do for God this week?
43. What’s your favorite musical group?
44. What’s your most favorite concert you’ve ever been to?
45. What is one way you can worship God this week without using music?
46. Who is the most important person in your life and what could you do to enhance your relationship?
47. What is your favorite outfit to wear?
48. What is your goal in life?
49. What are you dreaming about for your life?
50. Who is a model of Christ-likeness in your life?
51. What is one step God is calling you to take in faith to become more like Jesus?
52. What is one regret you have from last week?
53. If God could only say one thing to you, what do you think He would choose to say?
54. Specifically, why do you worship God?
55. If you could own the world’s largest collection of something, what would it be?
56. What draws you closer to God more than anything else?
57. What is the most important thing that makes a relationship successful?
58. When you think about your future, what are you most excited about?
59. What happened to you last week that you hope happens next week?
60. If you could be one age for the rest of your life, how old would you choose to be?
61. What is your most urgent prayer request right now?
62. What is some place that you would really like to visit?
63. What could we do to protect and promote the unity of our group?
64. What are some of the changes you have seen in your life since you became a believer?
65. What is one thing you hope will happen with this group?
66. What one step can you take to connect with another believer at a more genuine, heart-to-heart level?
67. What is one thing you’ve never done that you would really like to do?
68. What is your least favorite chore to do at home?
69. If you could invent a holiday, what and when would it be?
70. Who had a profoundly positive influence on you as a child?
71. If you died today, what would you most regret not having told someone?
72. What is one verse of Scripture that you have memorized?
73. Who do you wish would listen more closely to you?
74. When do you feel most content?
75. What’s one thing you like about your Mom?
76. What’s one trait you admire about your Dad?
77. Did you get to know all four of your grandparents? If so, how old were you when they passed away?
78. How often do / did you get to see your grandparents?
79. Did you get to know any of your great-grandparents? If so, how old were you when they passed away?
80. What’s the hardest thing for you to do?
81. Have you ever written any poetry or songs? If so, what about?
82. What are 3 qualities you want your friends to have?
83. What do you think your life will be like 10 years from now?
84. What do you hope your life will be like 10 years from now?
85. If you could be a contestant on any game show, which one would you choose?
86. Do you have a visible scar? If so, how did you get it?
87. When you are surprised with 30 free minutes during the day, how do you spend it?
88. If you could change one thing about your school, what would it be?
89. What aspect of God’s character are you very thankful for?
90. What one question would you like to ask God?
91. What “non-spiritual” activity in your life makes God smile?
92. If you had one more day to live, how would you spend it?
93. How did you get along with your parents during your teen years?
94. What are 3 qualities you admire in one of your parents?
95. In what area of your life do you need to trust God more?
96. What one possession do you most cherish?
97. Have you ever heard the voice of the Lord? If so, what did He say?
98. Which Bible character do you think you are most like? Why?
99. What was your very first job?
100. If you could have any one super-power, which one would you choose and why?
101. What’s your least favorite sound in the world?
102. If you could personally witness any event in history, which one would you choose?
103. What is one step you can take to become more like Christ?
104. When you get an unexpected hour of free time, how do you spend it?
105. List all of the cities you have lived in, and how long / what ages you lived there.
106. Which church do you attend?
107. When did you start attending church?
108. When do you feel farthest from God?
109. What’s your favorite name for God?
110. Who’s someone you admire/respect? Why?
111. What CD is in your CD player right now?
112. What DVD is in your DVD player right now?
113. What playlist is currently playing on your iPod right now?
114. When you need just grocery – like a loaf of bread – where do you go to buy it?
115. What’s the most needlessly repeated phrase a parent or teacher of yours ever uses / used?
116. What would you order as your final meal?
117. If you had an unlimited gift card to any one restaurant, which one would you choose?
118. If you could have a bottomless drink dispenser in your kitchen – like a faucet that just gave any one drink, anytime you wanted it – which drink would you choose?
119. What is one of your most favorite worship songs?
120. What common task could you start doing as if you were doing it directly for Jesus?
121. If you had $10 to spend, how would you spend it?
122. If you had $100 to spend, how would you spend it?
123. If you had $1000 to spend, how would you spend it?
124. If you had a theme song (one that played every time you entered a room), which song would you choose?
125. What is your favorite animal?
126. Where were you born (hospital, state, city)?
127. What is a particularly meaningful Bible verse to you?
128. Where is your favorite place to eat?
129. What are your favorite kinds of flowers?
130. What toy from childhood was your favorite toy to play with?
131. If one of your 5 senses could have supernatural abilities, which one sense would you choose?
132. If you could have any animal in the world as a pet, what animal would you choose?
133. What is one statement that you hope people will say about you after you die?
134. If you could use any mode of transportation to get somewhere, which one would you choose?
135. Who is your favorite cartoon character? Why?
136. If you could live anywhere in the United States for 6 months, where would you live? Why?
137. If you could cure one type of disease, which one would you cure?
138. What is your favorite thing to do with friends?
139. What is one motor vehicle that you would love to drive for the day?
140. What’s your dream car?
141. What is one opportunity you have had in the last week to help someone?
142. What is the best thing that has happened to you recently?
143. What is your favorite ice cream flavor and your favorite topping to put on ice cream?
144. What thing doesn’t exist that someone needs to invent?
145. What is one thing that happened to you this week that made you laugh?
146. If we could have this meeting anywhere, where would you like to have it?
147. What is one other hair-style you have had besides the one you currently have?
148. If you could go on a trip anywhere with three other people, where would you go and what three people would you take?
149. What is your favorite kind of fruit?
150. What’s the biggest struggle you are facing in life right now?
151. If you could be on any Game Show, which one would you choose?
152. If you could be on any Reality TV Show, which one would you choose?
153. If you could design the perfect TV channel, what would be on it?
154. What is the scariest thing you’ve ever done?
155. What one thing would you change about your house if you could?
156. How many children would you like to have – and how many of each gender?
157. What is something about God or Christianity that you have a hard time believing?
158. What were you greatest weaknesses as a teenager?
159. How many siblings do you have, and what are your relationships with them like?
160. What is one personal tragedy you have overcome?
161. If you could achieve the highest level of education in any one discipline, which would you choose?
162. If you could write an article for any magazine, which magazine would you choose, and what would your article be about?
163. What was the most recent movie you saw in the theater?
164. What was the most recent stage performance you’ve seen?
165. What’s the best stage performance you’ve ever seen?
166. Do you have any nervous habits that you do?
167. How often do you check your e-mail? Facebook? Voice & text messages?
168. Do you read any blogs? If so, whose and how often?
169. What would be the hardest thing for God to ask you to do?
170. If you could plan your own birthday celebration, what would you plan?
171. Who was your first crush?
172. Who was your first celebrity crush?
173. Who was your first kiss?